What is TechCred?
TechCred is Ohio's innovative workforce program that reimburses employers for industry-recognized, technology-focused, credentialed training programs and certificates. TechCred helps Ohioans learn new skills and helps employers build a stronger workforce with the skills needed in a technology-infused economy.
How Does TechCred Work?
- Employers will need to identify the specific, technology-centric qualifications they need, as well as the number of employee(s) they want to upskill.
- To qualify for reimbursement of training costs, the employer must partner with a training provider and apply online. Individuals must be Ohio residents with a verifiable Ohio address.
- The state will reimburse up to $2,000 of training costs per credential upon completion. There is no longer a limit of one reimbursement available per employee in each funding round.
- Employers are eligible to receive up to $30,000 per funding round.
- Training must be completed within 12 months of the award date.
- To apply, visit: https://techcred.ohio.gov/apply
Current TechCred Credentials Offered
This certification program evaluates 11 major competencies of UAS technology derived from lessons-learned in traditional aviation. Knowledge and skill sets are tailored for the needs and requirements of Remote Pilots to safely deliver on the value propositions afforded from drone technology.
Requires candidate submission of their Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification. This credential is an add-on to the Level 1 Safety Certification.
Note: The curriculum provided by USI for preparation to pass the sUAS Safety Certification: Level 1 exam, also prepares a learner to pass the FAA's Part 107 Exam (Unmanned Aircraft General Exam)
USI's VSO™ Certifications revolve around practical application of lessons-learned in traditional aviation. VSO™ GROUND provides the knowledge each crew-member needs to be proficient and ready for operations. VSO™ FLIGHT provides the hands-on training each crew-member needs to be proficient and ready for operations.
The holder of this badge is able to apply concepts of unmanned aviation safety to operations of Group 2 medium UAS 21-55lbs; conduct pre-flight risk assessments; understand and draw out aircraft systems; demonstrate and perform checklist procedures and proficiency through simulation; create safety analysis for new locations; memorize emergency response maneuvers and procedures; distinguish between and identify appropriate datalink configurations; demonstrate or simulate use of safety features.
The holder of this badge is able to apply concepts of unmanned aviation safety to operations of Group 2 medium UAS 21-55lbs; demonstrate proficiency in conducting flight risk assessment; demonstrate competency in accordance with practical test standards; perform safely in reaction to simulated emergencies; demonstrate safe and professional decision making; follow checklists and procedures; display professional and safe attitudes in the operation of unmanned systems;
Are You Interested In Using Ohio's TechCred Program?
Please contact Scott.Liston@FlyUSI.org for more information about TechCred.